Staying healthy in college can be tough, as life is busy and many students end up eating any fast food they can get their hands on. In addition to eating poorly, many college students just do not focus on being healthy as they have so many other competing priorities occupying their schedule, for which they’re not accustomed. College in California can mean a lot of sitting, as you sit in class and sit to study, which takes up a lot of your time. Therefore it is easier for people to get out of shape, as they do not get much movement and exercise. There are so many unhealthy things to do in college in California that it is good to know the healthy things to do. Below is a list of 5 tips to help you stay healthy while attending a California college.
- Eat Well - This means you need to eat enough sensible health food each day to keep your body fueled to study and succeed in college. Breakfast and water are key as they will give you a great start to the day and the ability to stay hydrated throughout. Find smart food choices, and avoid junk food. If you do not stay focused, you are likely to gain the freshman fifteen when you start college. This is the rumor (although often true) that you will gain fifteen pounds during your freshman year of college from all of the bad eating and drinking.
- Avoid Binge Drinking – College is supposed to be fun and educational, so there is nothing wrong with drinking a little. However drinking too much can aid to gaining weight, and also impair your ability to learn in class if you’re hungover.
- Buy a Bicycle or Use The One You Have – Many California college campuses are so large that you need to walk or bicycle to get around. Take that one step further and bicycle more often to stay healthy. You can ride for fun or around the city to do your errands. It is a great way to stay active and get some sun outside.
- Regular Doctor Visits – Many students begin college in California and stop going to the doctor since they do not live with their parents anymore. Attend the doctor as scheduled, or visit the campus doctor to ensure that your health is well.
- Learn to Relax and Reduce Stress – The best advice to stay healthy is too relax and not stress about college. If you are stressed, then you need to find things outside of drinking and eating to relax. Do your best to get good grades, but do not stress if you get one B instead of your normal straight A’s.
Tags: college in california